Ocpiadmin install platform xilinx21_1_aarch64

Hi All,

I’ve been unable to add the xilinx21_1_aarch64 RCC to either the 2.4.7 or Files · rfdc · Geon Technologies / OpenCPI / OpenCPI · GitLab branch.

I’ve included the precompiled 21.1 linux files in /tools/Xilinx/ZynqReleases/2021.1, but this hasn’t helped. Have I missed something?

STEP 18: RUN source cdk/opencpi-setup.sh -s && ocpiadmin install platform xilinx21_1_aarch64

The platform “xilinx21_1_aarch64” is not defined in this installation yet.
ERROR: no project package-id was specified, and
platform “xilinx21_1_aarch64” is not in a built-in project.
Either the platform name is misspelled or you must supply a project package-id.
Error: error building at STEP “RUN source cdk/opencpi-setup.sh -s && ocpiadmin install platform xilinx21_1_aarch64”: error while running runtime: exit status 1

I’ve seen that message before. Typically happens after I checked out something new that didn’t exist inside the OpenCPI project before; and the OpenCPI project is not aware of it yet. It shouldn’t of happen with the rfdc branch from the GEON fork.

Try from the projects/core directory unregistering the project and re-registering using ocpidev unregister project following by ocpidev register project this will refresh the project metadata and hopefully include the xilinx21_1_aarch64 rcc platform.

After re-registering the project perform: ocpiadmin install platform xilinx21_1_aarch64 again.

I tried the suggested work-around on v2.4.7 without success and got the same error message.

After choosing the rfdc branch (instead of develop), on the GEON fork, I get much further but the build terminates with the following error.

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:146 (message):
Could NOT find LibRt (missing: LIBRT_LIBRARIES)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:393 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
cmake/modules/FindLibRt.cmake:36 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
cmake/depends.cmake:23 (find_package)
CMakeLists.txt:15 (include)

The Ubuntu 20.04 base image should already have librt installed, so not sure why it fails.

Ubuntu 20.04 has an old version of cmake. I’ve been thinking about making this a new prerequisite but always hesitant to do so.

This is how we update our Ubuntu 20.04 based development hosts:

sudo apt purge --auto-remove cmake

sudo apt update && \
sudo apt install -y software-properties-common lsb-release && \
sudo apt clean all

wget -O - https://apt.kitware.com/keys/kitware-archive-latest.asc 2>/dev/null | gpg --dearmor - | sudo tee /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/kitware.gpg >/dev/null
sudo apt-add-repository "deb https://apt.kitware.com/ubuntu/ $(lsb_release -cs) main"

sudo apt update
sudo apt install -y kitware-archive-keyring
sudo rm /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/kitware.gpg

sudo apt update
sudo apt install -y cmake

Pleased to say your suggestion has fixed the issue! I now have an openCPI container which supports xilinx21_1_aarch64.

Thanks for your support with this @aolivarez.

1 Like