Is it possible to build RCC workers with a different compiler?

I was wondering if it was possible to build my RCC worker using a different compiler (e.g. clang)?

I had another read of the RCC development guide but I can’t find anything obvious.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Take a look at 4.1.2.1 in this guide:

You would need to make a new RCC Platform with the make variables set up for the compiler you want to use.

That would also necessitate building the framework for the new platform as well.

The macos platforms use clang I think; here’s one you can look at:

Thanks @waltersdom, the info is very much appreciated, as always :slightly_smiling_face: To be honest, I was hoping there might be a way I could use ocpidev to perform all of the XML to source code generation, but then switch over to use my own existing CMake and clang build system to compile the worker into a shared library. I believe clang and gcc are binary compatible, so any parts of the framework built under gcc should still work? There are two reasons I’m asking for this: One is that I want to link libraries from one of my existing projects, and the headers currently only work under clang (for reasons I won’t go into). The other is that it would integrate my OpenCPI worker builds much better with the rest of my project (in terms of automatically managing dependencies, include dirs etc). So I suppose what I’m really asking is, rather than extend the OpenCPI build system, do you think I could realistically build OpenCPI worker libraries under my own entirely separate build system? Or is the process complex enough that it would be virtually impossible to replicate and manage? Do you know if anybody has attempted such a thing or if there are any glaring problems? Many thanks again for your help on all of my questions! Your input has been invaluable. Cheers