Guidance on updating from 2.1.1 to 2.4.7

I have inherited my company’s OpenCPI project. We last worked on it when 2.1.1 was the latest version.
I’m wondering if there are any guides or documentation related to updating a project to a newer OpenCPI release?

Viewing version changelogs on gitlab, the changes can be quite numerous and difficult to determine relevance to an OSP developer.

For context, on Ubuntu 18.04 we have a Xilinx 19_1 aarch64 rcc and xczu29dr hdl based platform working with 2.1.1.
We have upgraded our platform and now need to support an xczu49dr hdl based platform - which requires Xilinx Vivado 2020.2 support (which was added in 2.2.0); hence the desire to upgrade. First we want to get our current platform building under 2.4.7 though.

Additionally, our OSP has dependencies of ocpi.sdr.assets and ocpi.zigbee.

ocpi.sdr.assets’s readme mentions a “gitlab.com/opencpi-private/” clone URL that is no longer reachable. Its components do not appear to overlap with the SDR Component Library either so if anyone knows where this OSP may have gone that would be helpful.

There is a similar deal with the ocpi.zigbee OSP that seems to share minor name similarities with the ocpi.osp.n3xx’s zigbee_drc_n310 application. But still not much overlap.

Lastly, we also have the ocpi.osp.e3xx OSP as a dependency. This one is easy to find and view the diff of between 2.1.1 and 2.4.7. Would this possibly be a good reference to indicate changes that may be needed to upgrade?

Thank you

Unfortunately there aren’t any migration or upgrade guides. Between the two versions, 2.1.1 to 2.4.7, since they are in the same major release no breaking changes were introduced and for the most port should be compatible.

The biggest changes in your case is the introduction digital radio controller. It’s usage is best practice and highly recommended. Luckily we are in the process of adding Gen3 RFSoC support found in the HTG global OSP. This should ease your development of your OSP and be your starting point. This implementation is in the process of being merged in, and right now can be found here: Files · v3.0.0_opencpi_rfdc · Geon Technologies / OpenCPI / HiTech Global · GitLab

The ocpi.sdr.assets and ocpi.zigbee are private repositories that still exist and would have to talk privately about gaining access. ocpi.comp.sdr and ocpi.sdr.assets are different and have different set of components.

Let me know if you hit any speed bumps, will be happy to help in your migration.

2 Likes